OMAHA, Neb. — The Final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Northern Integrated Supply Project (NISP) is now available for public review.
The project, coordinated by the Northern Colorado Water Conservancy District, seeks to provide approximately 40,000 acre-feet each year from a new municipal water supply. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is neither a proponent nor an opponent of the proposed project.
NISP would directly impact jurisdictional waters of the United States. Placing fill material in waters of the U.S. to construct water storage and distribution facilities associated with developing additional water supplies requires authorization from USACE under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act.
The NISP Final EIS is available for review on our website at: http://www.nwo.usace.army.mil/Missions/Regulatory-
Printed copies of the NISP Final EIS are available for review at the following libraries and offices:
• Colorado State University Morgan Library, 1201 Center Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80523
• Poudre River Public Library District-Old Town Library, 201 Peterson Street, Fort Collins, CO 80524
• Poudre River Public Library-Harmony Library, 4616 S. Shields Street, Fort Collins, CO 80526
• University of Northern Colorado, James A. Michener Library, 14th Ave and 20th St., Greeley, CO 80639
• Fort Morgan Public Library, 414 Main Street, Fort Morgan, CO 80701
• Windsor Recreation Center, 250 N. 11th Street, Windsor, CO 80550
• Northern Colorado Water Conservancy District, 220 Water Avenue, Berthoud, CO 80513
• U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Denver Regulatory Office, 9307 S. Wadsworth Boulevard, Littleton, CO 80128
The USACE, Omaha District is soliciting written comments on the NISP Final EIS from the public; federal, state, and local agencies and officials; Native American Tribes; and other interested parties.
All written comments on the NISP Final EIS must be submitted by September 4, 2018.
Written comments should be submitted to:
NISP EIS Project Manager
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Omaha District Denver Regulatory Office
9307 S. Wadsworth Blvd.
Littleton, CO 80128
Release no. 18-056