The North Dakota Regulatory Office of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' Omaha District has been working to be more responsive to the needs of the public. For the Regulatory Program, we know there is great interest in having us accept information associated with aquatic resource delineation verifications, permit applications, and other requests in a digital format, instead of paper. To that end, we have created a process for the public to submit their request electronically. This new process is easy to access, ensures timely delivery, and comports with Army and Department of Defense (DoD) requirements.
Effective immediately, we are asking that all new requests be submitted in digital form, which will eliminate any need to send a paper copy.
If you are submitting information associated with a new request, such as a permit application or request to verify an aquatic resources delineation, please submit it to CENWO-OD-RND@usace.army.mil for initial in-processing. (NOTE: Emails including attachments cannot exceed 40 MB).
If you require assistance with an active request, we encourage you to send digital files directly to the project manager assigned to the action. If you do not know who is assigned to your action, please send your request to our general email box.
We will continue to accept paper copies of your requests if you are unable to submit them electronically.
We ask the public to submit their requests for jurisdictional determinations, permit applications, and other associated documents in digital form. This will eliminate the requirement for the public to send documents in paper form to the Corps and for the Corps to save those documents in paper form.
Contents of requests:
1. The preferred document file format is .pdf. We will also accept Word documents in .docx format.
2. The Aquatic Resource/Consolidated Upload Excel spreadsheet must be submitted in .xlsm spreadsheet format.
3. If transmitting via email, include all information as email attachments, and avoid transmitting information in the body of the email.
4. All documents (aquatic resource delineations, permit applications, endangered species biological assessment, historic properties reports, etc.) must be submitted as separate files. DO NOT combine all documents into one Adobe PDF or Word document file.
5. Name files based on their content. Please do not use company project numbers or acronyms as the sole basis for the file name(s).
6. Reduce file sizes to the maximum extent possible.
There are multiple options for submitting your request to the Corps (in order of preference):
7. Submit via email. Our preferred method of electronic file submittal is via email. ◾Initial requests that have not been assigned a project manager and Corps project number should be sent to the Corps general email inbox: CENWO-OD-RND@usace.army.mil ◦NOTE: Add to the Email Subject line the name of the applicant, name of the project, and name of the county in which the project is proposed.
◾Once a project has been assigned, documents should be emailed directly to the Corps Project Manager ◦NOTE: Add to the Email Subject line the Corps project number, name of the applicant, name of the project, and name of the county in which the project is proposed.
◾The Corps file limit is 40 MB for individual emails. If your email would exceed 40 MB you can use one of the following methods.
8. Send a short cover letter and CD with all required information to the North Dakota Regulatory Office at 3319 University Drive, Bismarck, North Dakota 58504. DO NOT SEND A USB STICK. The Corps cannot connect USB sticks to our computers.
9. Mail a hard copy. We will continue to accept paper copies of your requests if you are unable to submit them electronically.