The Special Projects Branch assembles project delivery teams to support the nation through homeland security/ defense, disaster and infrastructure work within the Omaha District's Area of Responsibility and beyond.
Customers include Department of Defense and other federal agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Energy, Department of the Interior, Defense Logistics Agency, Department of Veterans Affairs and others.
Special Projects teams support this mission using internal and external resources, including discretionary and/ or flexible cost reimbursement contract mechanisms to provide national and international, time-sensitive and non time-sensitive project support.
The Special Projects program/ project management services include:
- Experienced, dedicated project managers, engineers, financial, and construction professionals
- Expert contracting staff and contract vechiles tailored for specific business lines (portfolios)
- Concept to completion project management with client involvement through the life of the project
- Construction management and oversight of actions including working with geographic district resources
- Problem-solving, challenge resolution through fast-track, no-nonsense, efficient approach