• Serve as a Maintenance Worker, operating and maintaining 4 flood control dams.
• Operate and install service gates, emergency gates and bulkheads; inspect, repair and maintain the appurtenant structures and systems of the dam including a variety mechanical and electrical work; participate in annual and periodic dam inspections.
• Maintain upkeep and repair of roads, buildings, grounds, related structures, utilities and equipment within the project office through various welding, carpentry, painting, and plumbing tasks. Maintains sites located about the Denver Metro area.
• Assists with small purchase order contracts to include: determining type of contractor, services or supplies required, obtaining prices, overseeing completion/delivery of services or supplies.
• Operates a variety of vehicles and equipment to include: sedan, light duty pick-up truck, dump truck, ATV, boat, crane, and industrial tractor, backhoe and rental equipment.
• The incumbent may have to work nights and/or weekends depending on the needs of the project.
SCREEN OUT ELEMENT:
Ability to do the work without more than normal supervision. I have performed or have the ability to work in maintenance, repair, and in house construction of operational support facilities including items such as, HVAC systems, 110 volt electrical systems, irrigation systems, water and sewer systems, building construction and repair, heavy equipment/vehicle maintenance, and flood control structures.
Conditions of Employment:
• Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
• Must complete a pre-employment physical and pre-employment drug test.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid state issued Driver's License. (Class A CDL preferred)
• This position requires the incumbent to complete Boater's Certification training which will be
provided upon employment.
• This position requires you to obtain and maintain an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Operator Certification.
For more information, contact:
Office: (720) 922-3858
Cell: (720) 982-6020