||U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
||Readiness Branch, Omaha District, (402) 995-2448
(24-hour emergency number)
||Public Law 84-99, as amended
||USACE is authorized to provide emergency operations support to communities with impending and/or current flooding.
- Assist or direct flood fight efforts
- Conduct field investigations / data collection
- Provide emergency flood fight supplies
- Initiate emergency contracting
- Assist with search and rescue operations
||Any critical facility faced with an impending and/or current flood threat to public health and welfare.
- Written Request from the Governor
- Impacts to critical facilities only
- Supplemental to the state/tribal/local government flood fight efforts
- Temporary in nature and directed to the immediate threat
- Reasonable and prudent
|Supplies & Materials:
Materials including sandbags, sandbag filling machines, pumps, and rapid deployable flood fighting measures are staged at varied locations throughout the Omaha District
||Please coordinate an official request through your State’s Emergency Management Office; however, please call let us know about your concerns.
||Flood fighting authority is initiated during a flood event.